Our High Net Worth Divorce Mediation Services
We handle all types of complex financial issues for divorcing spouses. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Business Ownership and Value Calculations: Determining fair market value for family-owned and closely held businesses. This may include partnerships between the spouses, professional practices, and many others.
- Franchise Businesses: We have extensive experience with franchises and franchise ownership. We can provide an in-depth review of any franchises you or your spouse own an interest in, examining not only the value of their tangible assets, but also intangible factors such as goodwill.
- Real Estate Holdings: Residential real estate, vacation homes, apartment buildings, commercial real estate, and other investment property.
- Business Arrangements: Complicated investments stemming from various types of business arrangements. Examples include stock options, deferred compensation, and partnership buyout agreements.
- Retirement Plans: Defined benefit plans such as pensions, defined contribution plans such as 401ks and IRAs, and other types of retirement accounts. Dividing retirement plans during a divorce is a complex process, and it usually requires the creation of a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO).
- Complicated Investments: Stocks, bonds, trusts, international investments, and other complex investments must be evaluated in detail, including the current and future values they represent.
- Unique Assets: Expensive jewelry, classic automobiles, art collections, etc. Unique assets often require consultation with industry specialists to determine their value.
- Tax Consequences: Tax planning and complex tax structures typically occur with substantial wealth, so it is vital to plan effectively. Our team can thoroughly evaluate the tax implications of each financial decision you make during the divorce process to minimize your tax liability exposure..
The Benefits of Divorce Mediation for High Net Worth Couples
Private divorce mediation can save you tens of thousands of dollars, and your divorce can be finalized (in most cases) within just a few months. Some of the other important benefits of mediation include:
Confidentiality: A growing number of celebrity couples are choosing divorce mediation, and for good reason. Litigation is part of the public court record, and even if those records are sealed, they can still be unsealed at a later date under certain legal circumstances. We do not hear much about the divorces of Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner because these couples opted for divorce mediation. As a result, the details of their proceedings were kept private and out of the hands of the paparazzi.
Flexibility and Control: The family court typically bases the division of assets in a divorce on pre-set formulas. Very seldom do they account for the specific circumstances of couples that have significant and unique financial assets. With divorce mediation, you and your spouse are in control of the decisions (under the skilled guidance of a professional third-party mediator). The financial issues in your divorce are worked out in a private setting that allows for open discussion and creativity.
High net worth couples are increasingly choosing divorce mediation to save money, protect their privacy, and dissolve their marriage in a more amicable way. At AMS, we can handle all aspects of your divorce from A to Z. If you are looking for a viable alternative to costly and protracted divorce litigation, contact us today at
for further information and an initial consultation.
Receive our blog and connect
75 N Haddon Avenue
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
103 Carnegie Center
Princeton, NJ 08540